History of B&H Australia
Founded in 1907, Bell & Howell played an integral part in the standardisation of both 35mm and 16mm movie equipment and from this pioneering spirit, B&H Australia continues a tradition of innovation and leading edge implementation of technology.
Bell & Howell bought out its Australian distributor in 1973 and became the premier Audio Visual equipment company in Australia. In 1987 a management buyout of the Audio Visual Division saw the birth of B&H Australia.
The tradition of Bell & Howell’s innovation and second to none service continues today in B&H Australia.
History of Innovation
Our company predecessor Bell & Howell produced the first 16mm projector and in the same year the first 16mm film. Since then Bell & Howell supplied more of the world’s projectors than any other company.
In 1987 B&H Australia marketed the first combination portable TV/VCR the VS1. This unit quickly became the preferred unit of both Commonwealth and State Governments in Australia. This type of innovation has become the trademark of B&H Australia.
In 1992 Proxima selected B&H Australia to be its Australian distributor and became the leading supplier of the new LCD technology. The LCD panels lead the way in developing multimedia projection for training and presentation solutions.
In 1995, B&H Australia became the first company outside the USA to be presented with the coveted ICIA Dealership of the Year award. B&H Australia became a member of Infocomm International.
In 2000, B&H Australia purchased Electrosonic Systems Australia which helped the company develop into a leader in Audio Visual Systems Integration in Australia.
In 2005 and 2008 B&H received AMX Best Project Awards. One of which was for a state-of-the-art teaching facility at Monash University in Victoria.
In 2012, B&H was a finalist in the AMX Best Project Awards for Brisbane Girls Grammar School where a feature rich Audio Visual solution was installed across their entire campus.